Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Craft

I know it's been over a month since I have posted here the main reason being I have been taking a break from stitching to learn how to crochet. I tried doing this years ago but couldn't get the hang of it..part of the reason might be that I am left handed and may not have been ready to learn how to do it then. This time tho within 10 minutes I was making a chain and within another 10 or so I was learning how to make rows..this picture is the beginning of a blanket I am making for my kitten..figured it would be nice for her since she has short hair and also be an easy first project. Got enthusiastic a few weeks ago also and started on a lap blanket for my grandmother who is 101 and in a nursing home. Hope to have some progress pics of that or my stitching soon.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty - nice work!

CindyMae said...

Looks like you are doing great at learning your new skill. Beautiful work!!